Friday, August 11, 2023

What I Learned This Week 08/11/23

  1. A couple of local girls hiking got trapped in a newly developed wildfire and called their dad to let him know their location as "we're with the cows" and he immediately directed first responders to the location - I swear this was not my family. #CowPeople #StopAsking
  2. Whenever someone tells me a joke that begins with "x walked into a bar", I picture the same imaginary bar that I've never been to or seen on TV and have done this as long as I can remember. #weird
  3. Singer Post Malone purchased a one of one limited print card from my favorite nerd game for  $2,640,000 and my first thought was that if Tay-tay bought the card she'd write a song about it. #WaitingForTheAlbum
  4.  British people refer to canned whipped cream as "squirty cream" and this gives me pause and joy at the same time. #WatTheWut
  5. I've never met anyone with a disassociates degree, but I do have suspicions of who has them. #maybe
  6. The famous interwebz dancing baby cha-cha is 27 years old. #AllyMcbealMemories
  7. I have no idea what language people that are born deaf think in. #FingersOrImages
  8. Apparently the "Duck song" is a universal form of parental torture. #HeyBumBumBumGotAnyGrapes
  9. Kentucky mules are exponentially better when served in a tin cup by a campfire with a friend. #SoManyBeverages
  10. A had forgotten the simple joy of getting stopped in traffic because of a cattle drive. #HerdEmDoggie
  11. Apparently my good friend Dumptruck's go to conversation starter is "What's your favorite concert?" and he has no idea who he has used it on. #TwiceInOneDay 
  12. Although I send this list to my FSIL every week, he ignores it and has to have it read to him by my oldest and this makes me happy and cry simultaneously. #Conorisms
  13. No matter how great the temptation, never be a taster for a remote state park chili cookoff when hungover. #LookedBetterComingUp
  14. Neither my wife nor I have any idea why we both simultaneously starting humming and singing the Prince Ali song from the Disney movie Aladdin even though we haven't seen it in 20 years, and it was glorious. #PrinceAliFabulousHeAliAbabwa
  15. The older I get the more I understand that people who tell the same stories over and over again are not losing their memory, they just like sharing and reliving that memory. #respect
  16. I am convinced that there is an entire generation of people that believe tipping for takeout is the norm #NotAService
  17. Germany has a beloved children's television character that is a clinically depressed loaf of bread in space and I find that rather amazing. #BerndDasBrot
  18. The only thing more expensive than a dog ER visit is an unnecessary dog ER visit. #OopsFoundThePill
  19. If your boss asks you to do something and every time you quietly gasp and say, "just like the prophecy foretold", he'll stop asking you to do things. #Maybe
  20. The word "scissor" doesn't describe the tool, it describes the use of the tool which is spelled as the plural of that word for a single tool and that tool is only described as a pair for a single tool which makes me despise English even more. #WorseThanPants
  21. Most relatable comment between coworkers this week goes to, "you're giving off hot dog water vibes, please leave me alone". #MoreTrueThanFunny
  22. Video games have become so immersive that you can now actually order Domino's pizza inside portals in the game and it will be delivered to your IRL door. #SoJealous #OblivionFTW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls and bots will be blocked. Please comment respectfully.