Friday, October 20, 2023

What I Learned This Week - 10/20/23

  1.  According to a coworker, the existence of dumplings also implies the existence of a large dumple. #maybe
  2. I enjoy the fact that when I google search for some fact that I can easily get distracted by a result that's a pun, like yesterday when I searched for "Sea Lions" and spent the next twenty minutes watching videos of lions swimming in the ocean.#OhLookAtTheTime
  3. I don't know why it took me a year to learn the 52 hertz whale (aka 52 Blue, aka the loneliest whale in the ocean) actually found a friend that also sings at 52 hertz. #ImNotCryingYoureCrying
  4. According to a coworker, it's not correct to refer to one's watch as TikTok. #TheMoreYouKnow
  5. If you bring tortilla chips to a salsa dance class you will be asked to leave. #maybe.
  6. The best part of my youngest is that she will pause our weekly video chat just to laugh at my dad pun. #MissedYouFTW
  7. After owning a trail camera for a while, I decided that I need to buy a Chewbacca costume to wear just in case I find someone else's trail camera. #YouSawWhat
  8. The sound of geese honking as they fly by is far less annoying when listening at home with a bourbon in hand then when fishing with a rod in hand. #Location
  9. I met a person who owns a cat that only has three feet, and the cat is appropriately named, "Yardstick". #CatNamesFTW
  10. When my Leah says, "you should try this" about food in her restaurant, ALWAYS try it. #SoVeryFull
  11. My wife does not appreciate me pausing a video to scroll through my phone to find an image of a cartoon character the main character looks exactly like. #CantUnseeIt
  12. According to HR, I'm am not allowed to tell the weekly adventures of my oldest and her beaver. #ItsAnAnimal #HesAJerk
  13. People that sit in the airport hold room and read sheet music without wearing headphones make me wonder if they actually think in music. #maybe
  14. There should be trick or treating for adults, but instead of candy, houses should give out the mini bottles of alcohol. #OoohJameson
  15. Microsoft launched a new AI tool that can attend Teams meetings on your behalf, take notes and add your actions items as planner tasks and my IT department refuses to enable it because no one would attend meetings anymore. #SolvingRealProblems
  16. I used ChatGPT a lot this week to correct my actual questions of "Are you that F-ing stupid?" to professional responses of, "Could you kindly provide more context or clarification on the matter in question?" #TimeSaver
  17. If you see an angry woman get on the train carrying a sledgehammer it's best to get off the train and not follow her. #Maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolls and bots will be blocked. Please comment respectfully.