Friday, October 27, 2023

What I Learned This Week - 10/27/2023

  1.  If you put a certain wig on a bull terrier it will closely resemble a poodle. #MaskTheThreat
  2. There is a special joy teaching my younger coworkers that McDonald's has its own meta-verse and watching them become appalled by the existence of the Fry Guys, Captain Crook, and Evil Grimace. #InterwebzFTW
  3. The last sitting office president to have facial hair was Benjamin Harrison in 1893 and I'm sure there's an epiphany on current politics in there somewhere. #EpicBeards
  4. This week's random distraction is listening to Scottish people attempt to say aloud, "Purple Burglar Alarm". #FeelTheirPain
  5. A local bar describes their version of Rocky Mountain Oysters as "the original western sack lunch" and that's just brilliant. #truth 
  6. The band, "Rage Against the Machine", never explicitly specified which machine they were upset with and I support the theory that it was more than likely a printer. #maybe 
  7. I'm not alone in the self-masochistic routine of eating way too much wasabi with each bite of sushi. #HurtsSoGood
  8. If you ever want to see a community lose it's collective mind, use helicopters to lower workers and supplies to repair corroding structural members of electrical transmission towers over the course of a Monday in a residential area. #SoManyConspiracyTheories
  9. After an exhaustive search of the Googles, there is no confirmed expiration length from the time one receives their first cooties shot, so you might be due for a booster. #StayHealthy
  10. Given the increasing prevalence of artificial intelligence forgeries, I predict a resurgence of using blood signatures for genetic verification when signing contracts. #Maybe
  11. I don't know when everyone collectively learned how to turn their heads at someone speaking at the perfect speed to make it not look creepy or as if they were startled. #FunInMeetings
  12. As I get older, I'm a firm believer that your glasses are the hardest thing in the world to find without them. #TheyAreWhere
  13. According to a dad in the pew behind talking to his small daughter, "um sure, communion is Jesus' lunchable". #DaddingFTW
  14. Everyone is hungry until they see that one guy eat a burrito like it's a tube of gogurt.#Eww
  15.  Apparently when the check engine light illuminates your dashboard, it's not proper to sing "this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine..." #MaybeItsMySinging
  16. The more I visit the grocery store the more I believe they just want me to walk around the store ticked off and not buy anything. #WhereTFIsIt?
  17. My wife is lying about her long runs and actually taking magic lessons because there is no other reasonable explanation for her to find something I'm looking for in the place I just looked. #ShesAWizard

4 comments:

  1. Benjamin Harrison bears a striking resemblance to the captain of the Titanic. I am not up on my American history of the late 1890s, but... makes you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #5. I first learned about Rocky Mountain Oysters because my creative writing teacher literally let us write about anything in order to get us to write, and the boys in the class heard what RMOs were and tried in vain to plan out a "testicle festival." I think they just liked the way the words sounded, because they said them. Over and over and over. #testingtheteacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:09 AM

    Starting a new band: rage against the printer

    ReplyDelete

Trolls and bots will be blocked. Please comment respectfully.