Friday, November 17, 2023

What I Learned This Week - 11/17/23

  1.  Apparently, taking me to a 1980's museum turns me into a tour guide of my youth. #Bitchin
  2. 1980's movie props are completely lost on my kids. #ZoltarIWantToBeBig
  3.  You can easily bite through your lip if you hear your oldest daughter and coworkers talk about how stinky their beaver is. #HeIsStinky
    Mr. Stinky
  4. Stinky beaver poo water has no equivalent smell. #pungent 
  5. My daughter's creative way to keep a turtle still enough to get an accurate weight to monitor health is equal parts genius, evil, and hilarious. #HighCenteredOnPipe
  6. A 20-pound snapping turtle walking freely around an office is not as terrifying as it sounds. #SheHadAGimpyLeg
  7. Portable snack packages of juicy meal worms are a thing and not found in the bait section of the store. #ForBirds
  8. You can use a leaf blower to blow large puddles out of your way, so your feet don't get wet. #ProTip
  9. I need to know my audience better, because a coworker that received news he's going to be a father asked me who my role model father was and I jokingly replied, "Spike from Tom and Jerry cartoons", and 20 minutes later I saw him at his desk watching YouTube videos of "Spike and Tyke compilations". #UmAhUm
  10. The best description of eating a Flintstone vitamin in the 1980's this week goes to, "..it tasted like a mixture of dry Kool-Aid mix, chalk, and aquarium gravel". #MoreTureThanFunny
  11. According to my legal advisors, naming my daily todo list, "Work Premeditations" doesn't help them in court. #Maybe
  12. When I have creative thoughts about if it's empowering in bed to date a billionaire, I'm not supposed to say them out loud, especially to my wife. #SorryHoney
  13. It's that time of year where every day I'm faced with the important decision on whether I want buns of steel or hot, gooey, buns of cinnamon. #Temptation
  14. Everyone agrees that warm underwear from the dryer is one of the best simple pleasures, but no one will admit they stood naked in front of the dryer waiting for their underwear. #ExceptMe
  15. My new favorite subreddit is r/ididnthaveeggs that documents the people admitting they didn't follow the recipe and posting negative comments. #PecanlessPie
  16. I'm certain that if I were Jim Henson, I'd have at least one story about using Kermit as an emergency oven mitt. #JustSayin
  17. I enjoy music joke moments like a recent event where a coworker received an award and a shy coworker just yelled "WHOOP", which immediately silenced the group and the shy coworker softly replied to the silence, "there it is". #I-lolled
  18. It dawned on me recently that I'm now at that age where I can't imagine a more painful and humiliating experience than falling in the shower. #maybe
  19.  Apparently Google removed the "I'm feeling lucky" button on the their search page due to claims of insensitivity towards people with a gambling addiction. #NotEvenFact
  20. I'm not allowed to refer to lunch or dinner reservations at the Italian restaurant as "my spaghetti appointment". #OrCanoliAppt

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:06 AM

    Beavers have a sac located on the base of their tail called the Castoreum. This sack produces oil to help waterproof their fur and is also commonly used to make perfume and artifical vanilla flavor. So they really are known for their stink.

    ReplyDelete

Trolls and bots will be blocked. Please comment respectfully.