Sunday, October 01, 2023

What I Learned from a College Reunion

  1.  You know you're form Wyoming when a horse is being ridden through a bar a foot from you and your first thought is not for your safety but, "I hope there's still some wheat beer left" #OrIPA
    WarPaint!!!!!

  2. If I ever have Alzheimer's I hope to have Doug Hecox on speed dial so, he can remind me of everything I've forgotten. #HowDoesHeKnow
  3. I spent close to five years closely with a group of people and it's incredible that 30 years later we all have the same memories but fill in the missing information in each other's stories. #SoCool
  4. I find it amazing that many of my former classmates are now grandparents and it's a badge of honor instead of an insult. #SomedayMe
  5. I can't believe I'm the only one of my classmates that has actually aged. #YouLookMahvelous
  6. The term "sharing glasses" while in a bar trying to read a menu has nothing to do with alcohol. #TinyPrint
  7. The "cowboy walk" is not the term to describe spending the day in the saddle but for something way cooler. #GoPokes
  8. "Flaming Cornhole" isn't the name of a post-spicy food morning ritual, but it should be. #WhoKnew
  9. Several people commented that I would have been a great Pistol Pete, but I actually know the real one and he's more amazing than I could have ever been. #Fact
    I know who's under the mask

  10. "Pregaming at the Airstream" sounds like a good name for a rock band, but it's actually something way more fun. #SeeYouEveryWeekendMikeAndKellyMartin 
  11. The dorms are going to be torn down and replaced in the coming years and I don't know if I'm emotionally ready for that. #Softy
  12. I'm one of the few people that is confused that the Library is no longer anywhere near the dorms. #ItsHowFar
  13. If you do the formal queen wave back at the homecoming parade princesses and queens, they will either laugh, correct you, or call the police on a creepy guy. #maybe
  14. The most popular question asked of me was not about my family or personal life but about why I don't post "what I learned this week" anymore. #Weirdos
  15. Those same people have no idea that I post "What I Learned This week" on a website found here. #Weirdos 
  16. I no longer have bad memories of the Alibi. #Unrecognizable
  17. I am extremely grateful to Lexie Benson Carroll and Doug Hecox for all the work they put in to make this amazing weekend happen. #LoveYouGuys
  18. Thirty years is way too long to be away from everyone. #OkSomeOfYou
  19. My favorite line from Monica in the TV series Yellowstone, “If it doesn't make you cry to watch your family ride away, you probably shouldn't have one”, actually applies to former classmates as well. #HappyTears

3 comments:

  1. Susan Anable7:10 PM

    Smashing! Well said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:49 PM

    Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:54 AM

    Perfectly written, perfectly said. Encore!

    ReplyDelete

Trolls and bots will be blocked. Please comment respectfully.